South Suburban Park and Recreation District Election
Preliminary Election Results - Judges' Unofficial Abstract of Votes
Results are preliminary. SSPRD expects to certify the results and swear in the new board members on May 14. Vote counts will not be updated on the website between May 6 and May 14.
Candidate Vote Count
(Top three vote-getters win a 4-year term)
Sally Daigle: 205
John Watson: 241
Travis Nicks: 91
Tom Wood: 298
John K. Ostermiller: 1018
Pam Eller: 987
Stan Szabelak: 136
Mike Anderson: 1045
League of Women Voters FREE Forum was held on Apr. 26 at Goodson Recreation Center
FAQs for May 6, 2014 election:
What’s going to be on the South Suburban ballot?
There are 3 Board positions and 8 candidates on the ballot.
There are NO TABOR questions or other ballot questions on the May 6 ballot.
How can I obtain an absentee ballot?
Please open and print an absentee ballot request form to the right. The form needs to be completely filled out and signed. Either mail the original form to the South Suburban Administration Building, 6631 South University Boulevard, Centennial, CO 80121; or forward a scan by fax or email: fax # 303/798-3030, or attach to an email to Elections@ssprd.org
, Subject line: Election Absentee Ballot request.
If you would like to be on the permanent absentee voter list to be maintained by the District for future South Suburban elections, please mark the box on the request form.
Can’t print the form? Need more help? Please call us at 303/798-5131 for assistance.
I was on the mail-in voter list maintained by my county clerk. Will I receive a mail ballot automatically?
Changes in the State election law last year eliminated the permanent mail-in voter list maintained by the counties’ clerk & recorder offices. If you want a mailed ballot from South Suburban for the May 6 election, please fill in and return the absentee ballot request form to the right.
How can I return my absentee ballot?
You may return your voted ballot by mail to the address printed on the Return Envelope (and don’t forget to include adequate postage. Within the US, that will be 70 cents.)
Or you may hand deliver your ballot to these drop off locations:
- Administration Building, 6631 South University Boulevard. Regular hours are 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday; and election day hours will be 7 am-7 pm.
- Buck Community Recreation Center, 2004 West Powers Avenue (behind the historic Courthouse on Littleton Boulevard)
- Goodson Recreation Center, 6315 South University Boulevard, Centennial
- Lone Tree Recreation Center, 10249 Ridgegate Circle, Lone Tree
Or drop off at any of the polling locations on Election Day between 7 am and 7 pm, including:
- Littleton Golf & Tennis Center, 5800 South Federal Boulevard
- South Suburban Golf Course Clubhouse, 7900 South Colorado Boulevard
- Lone Tree Civic Center, 8527 Lone Tree Parkway (west of Cook Creek Pool)
All absentee ballots must be RECEIVED by the Designated Election Official or an Election Judge by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day in order for your ballot to be counted. Ballots received after 7:00 p.m. on Election Day will not be counted.
Am I an eligible voter of the South Suburban Park and Recreation District for the May 6, 2014 election?
An eligible elector of South Suburban Park and Recreation District is
- A registered voter in the State of Colorado; AND
- A resident of the District; OR
- A person who owns taxable real or personal property (or the spouse or civil union partner of a person who owns property) situated within the boundaries of the District. A person who is obligated to pay taxes under a contract to purchase taxable property within the District shall be considered an owner of taxable property for the purpose of qualifying as an elector.
How can I check on my State voter registration status, or find out how to register to vote? Am I a District resident?
You can contact your County Clerk & Recorder,
And you can check your registration status on your voter record on the Secretary of State’s database, link: http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/vote/VoterHome.html.
How do I know if my real or personal property is taxed by the District?
Please contact your County Assessor and/or check your most current tax notice.
Please note: property owners who can vote are natural persons.
Other questions? Please call South Suburban at 303/798-5131, Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm.