The commission gives teens a chance to practice their skills in critical thinking, communications and creativity, as well as volunteer and give back to the community. They serve in an advisory role to South Suburban's recreation department.
Charter and Application
Applications for the commission normally must be completed by October 1 of each year for the following year. This year we are extending the deadline until 5 pm on Thursday, November 1. To learn more about the commission, check out it's Charter and Application.
In 2018 the Youth Commission's service projects:
- Packed food at the Angie Vasquez Food for Thought Power Center during the Denver Public Schools' Weekend Food Packing event
- Created Valentine's for our veterans
- Hosted two Children’s Kindness Network programs at Ralph Moody Elementary in Littleton
- Volunteered at the Gracefull Café in Littleton
- Made 200 sack lunches distributed to the homeless in May
Team Building Activities
Their recent Mystic Escape Room visit is just one example of members getting together for team building.
Watch for future Commission fundraising activities.
For additional information about serving on the next Youth Commission, please contact Sarah Nielsen at SarahN@ssprd.org or Chantel Tolan at ChantelT@ssprd.org.