The commission gives teens a chance to practice their skills in critical thinking, communications and creativity, as well as volunteer and give back to the community. They serve in an advisory role to South Suburban's recreation department.
Charter and Application
Applications for the commission must be completed by October 1 of each year for the following year. To learn more about the commission, check out its Charter and Application.
In 2018 the Youth Commission's service projects:
- Packed food at the Angie Vasquez Food for Thought Power Center during the Denver Public Schools' Weekend Food Packing event
- Created Valentine's for our veterans
- Hosted two Children’s Kindness Network programs at Ralph Moody Elementary in Littleton
- Volunteered at the Gracefull Café in Littleton
- Made 200 sack lunches distributed to the homeless in May
The commission hosts fundraising events to raise money for local service projects.
For additional information about serving on the next Youth Commission, please contact Sarah Nielsen at SarahN@ssprd.org or Chantel Tolan at ChantelT@ssprd.org.