The Sheridan School District owns Sheridan Community Park. The South Suburban Park and Recreation District has a joint use agreement with the School District until 2027 for this 34 acre park. This area was acquired by the Fort Logan military post from The Fabian Company in the early 1900's. The post was decommissioned in 1946. The school made a grant request for the land in 1957. The land was deeded to the school district by the Federal Government in two parcels. The first in 1958 and the second in 1960, provided the school district met all of the conditions of the 1957 grant request.
Around 1959, Ora Oliver Elementary School was built on part of the land to provide a school for the military and government employees who had moved to the area. The swimming pool was built in 1969 and the high school was built in 1972. The Recreation Center and park improvements were built by proceeds from a two million dollar Federal Economic Development Administration grant in 1977. The park was dedicated in June, 1978. A subsequent grant was obtained for the skate park. Ora Oliver was subsequently replaced by Fort Logan Northgate School.
The school district has priority use of all the facilities in this park. They use the park during the day and South Suburban uses it for evenings and weekend programs. The park facilities are maintained by the South Suburban Park and Recreation District.