South Suburban takes additional precautions to keep patrons safe
At South Suburban Park and Recreation District (SSPRD), our patrons’ and employees’ health and safety is our top priority. With the recent developments regarding COVID-19, we want to assure our patrons that we are monitoring information developed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). SSPRD is taking necessary measures to provide clean and healthy environments at all of our facilities.
In addition to our routine cleaning practices, we are:
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning our facilities with a cleaning solution that includes bactericidal and virucidal elements.
- Increasing the frequency and intensity of disinfecting “high-touch” objects and areas within the facilities.
- Communicating to our employees the CDC recommendations for reducing the spread of germs.
- Posting informational signage encouraging effective hand washing and stopping the spread of germs.
We ask facility patrons to be vigilant in helping us maintain a healthy environment.
- Please use the provided disinfectant spray and wipe down equipment when you are finished using it.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze.
- If you feel sick, stay home.
All South Suburban programs, events, activities and facilities will continue to operate as normal. If there is any reason for heightened concern, management will confer with county and state public health experts.
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all and look forward to seeing you at one of our facilities.
Executive Director, South Suburban Park and Recreation District