The Goodson, Buck, Lone Tree and Sheridan Recreation Centers are open. SSPRD is committed to meeting and exceeding all government mandates to minimize the spread of COVID-19 for both participants and staff. Enhanced disinfection practices, staff screening processes and additional measures have been implemented.
5 STAR CERTIFIED FACILITY
The 5 Star certification through Arapahoe County demonstrates our compliance and commitment to go above and beyond to keep our communities safe.
Updated hours of operation:
Monday - Friday, 11 am-7 pm
Saturday - Sunday, Closed
Reservations currently required for group fitness and Pickleball only.
Check the online gym and group fitness schedules here.
Make a Group Fitness or Pickleball Reservation »
The recreation centers are open with the following guidelines:
- The Sheridan Recreation Center is currently open for general workouts and drop-in group fitness and are currently operating under Level Blue guidelines, as a 5 Star Facility, which permits 50% or 175 people per room (whichever is fewer), excluding staff.
- Get additional information and guidelines for group fitness here.
- Check the catalog for additional registration based programs.
- Reservations: Reservations are required for group fitness and Pickleball only. Reservations may be completed online at https://bit.ly/ssprdonlineres or by calling the recreation center you plan to visit. Reservations will open 24 hours in advance. Please review these instructions for reservation options and policies.
- Group Fitness: Reservations are required for group fitness. Reservations are available 24 hours in advance online here. Get additional information and guidelines for group fitness here.
- Pickleball: Doubles play will be held and players will rotate in if courts are full. Pickleballers must provide their own equipment. Guests will be asked to wait 6' apart and must wear a mask at all times. Capacities are limited. Sign up is limited to one session per day. Drop-ins will be considered if space is available.
- Goodson: Mondays 3-6 pm
- Lone Tree: Tuesdays 12:30-3:30 pm
- Buck: Thursdays 1-4 pm
- Sheridan: Monday-Friday 11:15 am-3:15 pm
- General Workouts: General workouts are currently available on a first come first served basis; if capacities are met guests may be asked to wait until space is available. General workouts include access to cardio/weight equipment, racquetball courts and the gymnasium when available.
- Drop-in gym: Drop-in gym use is permitted while other programs and events are not scheduled. Use must be limited to individual play or play with those of the same household (no more than 2 people per hoop). Guests must provide their own equipment. Pick-up games or group play is not permitted, unless organized leagues by SSPRD. Check current schedules here.
- Masks: Appropriate facial coverings/masks, covering the nose and mouth, are required inside the facility, including while working out. Masks must be worn at all times with the following exceptions:
- Those ages 10 and younger.
- Those in the pool.
- Those with a medical exemption.
- All guests must come workout ready which means dressed to participate with a filled water bottle. Lockers and showers are not currently available. Drinking fountains will be limited to bottle fillers only.
- The following are not currently available: showers, lockers, locker rooms for changing, lobby games/furniture and the Creativity Lab.
- All guests must maintain 6' of distance from others in the facility. Equipment will be spaced out and some equipment may be unavailable to meet this requirement.
- Monthly and annual passes were activated June 15. All other passes (SilverSneakers, RenewActive, Silver&Fit) and punches are immediately available for use, including daily admission purchases. Passes and punches are non-refundable.
- Monthly passes were paused upon facility closures.
- Annual passes will be extended the same number of days facilities were closed.
- Anyone who is sick or has symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult guardian.
- Guests who fail to follow guidelines and staff direction may be asked to leave and refunds will not be issued.
All guidelines and operating hours will regularly be evaluated and are subject to change based on demands and updated guidelines.
Stay up-to-date with all District updates at https://www.ssprd.org/Safe-Return.
Questions about reservations or safe return? Contact Assistant Director of Recreation, Kelsey Whisler, at firstname.lastname@example.org.